[cid:image001.jpg@01D8A279.40BAB4F0]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
College of Charleston Men’s Soccer News
July 28, 2022
Contact | Whitney Noble, Associate Director of Athletics Communications & Creative Content
Office Phone | 843.953.3683 | E-Mail | [log in to unmask]

CHARLESTON REVEALS 2022 MEN’S SOCCER SLATE

CHARLESTON, S.C. – College of Charleston men’s soccer head coach Keith Wiggans announced the Cougars’ 2022 schedule on Thursday.

Charleston will play 17 matches this fall, including nine CAA contests. The Cougars will play eight matches at Ralph Lundy Field at Patriots Point.

“I am really excited for the upcoming season,” Wiggans said. “The conference will be strong again making every conference game a battle. It also has grown by adding Monmouth and Stony Brook, two strong programs. I am also very pleased with our out of conference games, especially opening weekend against UAB and Memphis and a midweek game against ACC powerhouse NC State in October. The schedule is challenging but I am confident in our deep squad that we are ready for every test.”

CofC will kick off the fall with exhibitions at Presbyterian and at home versus Wofford on Aug. 13 and Aug. 20, respectively.

The Cougars will begin regular season play in Birmingham, Alabama, facing UAB on Aug. 26 and Memphis on Aug. 28.

The home and conference opener will be on Sept. 3 against Delaware at Patriots Point. Charleston’s first CAA road trip of the season will come on Sept. 10 at UNCW.

Trips to USC Upstate on Sept. 20 and Drexel on Sept. 24 precede a home tilt against UNC
Asheville on Sept. 27.

A busy October is highlighted by NC State visiting Patriots Point on Oct. 11, as well as home matches versus CAA foes William & Mary on Oct.1 and Northeastern on Oct. 15. The Cougars will travel to take on new CAA member institution Stony Brook on Oct. 8, and will also host Incarnate Word in a non-conference matchup on Oct. 4.

CofC will visit in-state foe Winthrop on Oct. 18 and wrap up the nonconference portion of the schedule on Oct. 25 when North Florida visits Patriots Point.

The regular season finale will be on Oct. 29 as Charleston travels to take on the defending CAA champions, Hofstra.

All College of Charleston soccer matches are free admission and open to the general public.

[signature_1963741607]

-----
To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE SPORTS as the body of the message.