FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

College of Charleston Volleyball News

July 26, 2022

Contact | Whitney Noble, Associate Director of Athletics Communications & Creative Content

Office Phone | 843.953.3683 | E-Mail | [log in to unmask]

POINTER RETURNS AS VOLLEYBALL ASSISTANT COACH

CHARLESTON, S.C. --- College of Charleston volleyball alumna and 2018 AVCA All-American Kennedy (Madison) Pointer ’19 has returned to the program as an assistant coach for the fall of 2022 announced head coach Jason Kepner on Tuesday.

“I am so excited to have Kennedy join our staff this year,” Kepner said. “She was a great player, student and representative of the College during her years at CofC. Kennedy has always been someone who I thought would be a great coach being a student of the game with a contagious energy. Bringing home an alumna to share her knowledge and passion for our program is going to be a huge advantage.”

Pointer returns to the College following a two-and-a-half-year stint as a teacher spending a year and a half at West Ashley Middle School. She spent the 2021-22 academic year teaching at Lucy Beckham High School in Mt. Pleasant, where she coached volleyball each of the last two seasons.

“I am extremely excited about getting back on CofC’s campus and looking forward to learning from a staff I’m already familiar with,” Pointer said. “Charleston volleyball means the world to me so I am honored to get to recruit more players to this area.”

A native of Evansville, Ind., Pointer starred for the Cougars from 2015 to 2018, finishing her tenure ranked ninth in program history in kills (1,412) and 10th in both total points (1,593.5) and block assists (253). The four-time All-CAA posted at least 300 kills in three of her four seasons at CofC including a career-high 459 in 2018 – a total good for sixth-best on the program’s single-season list during the rally scoring era. Pointer was recognized as the second AVCA All-American in program history in 2018 with an Honorable Mention nod while also earning All-CAA First Team accolades that season.

Pointer graduated from College of Charleston in 2019 with a Bachelor of Arts in History and a Bachelor of Science in Second Education Cognate. She is married to former Charleston basketball standout Marquise Pointer and resides in Summerville.

-www.CofCSports.com-

signature_1252218443

-----
To unsubscribe, click on this link: Remove