College of Charleston Men's Soccer News: Cougars Battle Wolfpack to Scoreless Draw

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

College of Charleston Men’s Soccer News

October 11, 2022

Contact | Mike Hoffman

Cell Phone | 843.302.6193 | E-Mail | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Cougars Battle Wolfpack to Scoreless Draw

MT. PLEASANT, S.C. – The College of Charleston defense played an outstanding game Tuesday night, limiting visiting NC State to only three shots on goal in a 0-0 draw at Ralph Lundy Field at Patriots Point.

The Cougars, playing only their second game against the Wolfpack in Charleston, are now 4-4-4 while NC State is 4-5-2. Olly Marshall turned in his third clean sheet of the season with three saves and lowered his goals against average to 1.33.

“The guys were solid tonight. We limited their chances, and I was pleased with our performance out of possession,” said head coach Keith Wiggans. “We need to take better care of the ball when we have it and create more chances moving forward. At the end of the day, I was very proud of the effort put in.”

The Cougars finished with five shots, with three on target. Iker Carew led Charleston with a pair of shots, including one on goal, and Conner Walmsley and Zinho Ballish also had good scoring chances.

Charleston celebrates its Senior Day on Saturday when the Cougars host Northeastern in a CAA meeting. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.

-----
To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE SPORTS as the body of the message.

Email Facebook Twitter LinkedIn