College of Charleston Beach Volleyball News: Cougars Add Knutson for 2023 Beach Season

[cid:image001.jpg@01D8A8C3.AB85C770]FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

College of Charleston Beach Volleyball News

August 5, 2022

Contact | Whitney Noble, Associate Director of Athletics Communications & Creative Content

Office Phone | 843.953.3683 | E-Mail | [log in to unmask]

COUGARS ADD KNUTSON FOR 2023 BEACH SEASON

CHARLESTON, S.C. --- Olivia Knutson (Powdersville, S.C.) has signed to attend College of Charleston and join the Cougars’ beach program in the spring of 2023 as a transfer from Tusculum University announced head coach Jason Kepner on Friday.

“It is great to add Olivia to our roster,” Kepner said. “She has a year of experience under her belt and will definitely make the transition to our team quickly. Olivia is very explosive out of the sand and does a nice job as a blocker. Coach McPherson and I are excited to see her impact on our team.”

Knutson joins the Cougars following a stellar season at NCAA Division II Tusculum University in Greeneville, Tenn. where she posted a 25-6 record including 24 wins in the fourth flight alongside teammate Katie McLamb. The duo collected a pair of wins against Coastal Carolina in addition to victories against Jacksonville State, Eastern Kentucky and Mercer.

The Powdersville, S.C. native played four seasons for Powdersville High School where she earned All-Star, All-State and Team MVP honors as a senior. Knutson was twice named an All-Region selection while helping Powdersville capture three consecutive state championships. In her last two seasons at Powdersville, Knutson totaled 443 assists, 384 digs and 128 service aces.

-www.CofCSports.com-

[signature_1442582865]

-----

To unsubscribe, send a message to [log in to unmask] with the word UNSUBSCRIBE SPORTS as the body of the message.

Email Facebook Twitter LinkedIn